Focus on what matters most.
Why Should I Mediate?
To take control over the dispute you find yourself in, whether you think you did anything wrong or not. Disputes handled through the court’s adversary system often take on a life of their own. In Mediation, the participants can:
- investigate the case on their own timetable and at less expense;
- consider not just the legal and technical issues, but everything that is important to them about the dispute;
- control the dispute resolution process;
- reach a mutually agreeable solution;
- avoid the uncertain “loser/winner” result of a trial decided by total strangers; and
- reduce costs and delay.
When all is said and done, an agreement reached together by all concerned is more likely to stay intact than one forced upon the participants through trial. To control your own destiny, mediate, don’t litigate.